Autosport Labs is happy to announce the availability of 2.10.1 firmware, available now on our software download page. This minor release has a few important fixes for issues observed in the field since the recent 2.10.0 release. We recommend all users on 2.10.0 upgrade to this version immediately to solve the issues described in this post.
Minor Modem Fixes
The 2.10.0 release saw large fundamental changes with how we communicate with cellular modems. In making these changes some regressions were introduced: namely within the software that handles the 2G modem. Some users reported having issues streaming telemetry to podium.live. We were able diagnose and fix the primary issue along with some more subtle issues that lurked within.
Below Sea Level Support
We had a user who found an entertaining issue: when running their vehicle close to sea level, sometimes altitude would jump to an unrealistically high value. Turns out this user was below sea level, but due to an error in our GPS chip documentation, we were reading the value improperly. We reached out to our vendor to make them aware of the flaw, and after some clarification we were able to correct the issue and now correctly handle elevations below sea level.
List of Changes
Changes for this release were all over the board. In addition to what was covered above here is a list of all the changes that were made as part of this release.
- Fixed SIM900 failure to connect issue.
- Fix AT parsing bug in cellular for IMEI.
- Fix below sea level altitude issue.
- Fix battery voltage reading issue in RaceCapture devices.
- Improve handling of invalid JSON characters when both encoding and decoding JSON messages.
- Fix SD card logging bug where we could log sample out of order at the beginning of the log file.
- Improve track selection algorithm upon track detection.